Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday evening June something

First I must apologize for the horrible spelling this morning. I was in a hurry to go fishing and get all the pics updated so I did not spell check. Jaime can fill you in on my keyboard proficiency.
Fishing was great. We got yellowtail snapper, grunts and pogies which are like trigger fish. Ellie did not like our rigs or hooks so we had to stop at the dock in New Plymouth while he went to Lowes hardware to get the "correct" equipment.
We then went out of Manjack cut to the rocks. The first stop was a home run until a barracuda got wise and ate our catch before we could get them to the boat. Elli hooked the barracuda twice but did not bring him to the boat.

Also Ellie did not like our rods so he fished with a hand line. Needles to say he caught 18 of the 22 fish we caught. He was baking the fish at home with onions and tomatoes and we are eating on the boat soon.
When we got back around 5:00 Judi went to do laundry and I clean the mess on the boat. This is not a good fishing boat and we understand why people do not stay on the center consoles. Thank God for Joy.
This is a very exiting night. Clean sheets. It will be like going to the Ritx Carlton.
I have done the laundry the last two times but Judi has this crazy idea that you use more then one wahing machine and you put all this other ingredients in the water. Go figure. Picky, picky, picky. I thought all gray tee shirts started out as white.
Not to jump around, but I do, this was the first morning we slept past 8:00 am. We were panicky.Late for work.
Thanks to all you blog responders. It is our most exciting time of day to see what you all have to say. In response to your comments yes Judi is still the birthday princess (including a gift today) Madeline you are the sweetest and we miss you, Bill that is not your towel or your boat, Sherri tell David to take you somewhere, and Jaime I doubt if I will get the sunset picture at Pineapples because the rum punch starts too early. And Pete dog......get a job.Dan who needs BVI. Susan I need Greg here to help clean the boat and you to make sure Judi behaves like a princess
Some local info for you. Tia you and Chuck could not deal with this, way too much work to call it fun. Everything is in increments $4.00: ice, gas laundry. $6.00: cigarettes and drinks at the bar. Here is the craziest, the best deal so far for a case of beer is $48.00. Needless to say I am drinking a lot of water.
Well Ellie just arrived with the dinner and we are going to probably have the best meal of the trip.We have eaten fish everyday since we left with the exception of a hamburger at he Manjack picnic.
Best to everyone

4 comments:

  1. If you stay in hotels they do the laundry for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, There are 4 people in this world that know You & Greg don't know the meaning of "Cleaning The boat". And Judi has passed the academy of Princess In Training (P.I.T.) She can hold her own now....It was a real struggle but she made it. Don't regress on this trip Judi, Hold your ground. Pout, stomp, smile w/ a tilt of your head and remember you are the crown! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has the world gone mad ?!?! $48 for a case of beer ?!?! Suck it up, John - LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DRINK WARM BEER!!!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you will be a stylin' and a profiling at the Holiday INN in wrightsville, very soon! Can't wait to see you two there with all your pictures!
    sheri
    btw, you mean this blog of many faces has spell check?

    ReplyDelete